Saturday, 11 August 2012

butter LONDON All Hail the Queen and Rosie Lee

I couldn't wait to try out the butter LONDON nail mail!  I decided to start with All Hail the Queen and an accent nail of Rosie Lee.  

I had seen on blogs that the cap is removable on the butter LONDON bottle, and almost broke a nail tugging on Rosie Lee's lid, then noticed there was a clear sticker on the side (doh!) Once I had the lid off I was a little dubious as I looked at the teeny stump that was left,   as I particularly like Nubar and Orly bottles for their lid shape and brush control, however I was pleasantly surprised as the small grip was fine.

I think this colour combi could be classed as an "office appropriate" manicure.  I could almost imagine that All Hail the Queen would be suitable for bridesmaids and wedding manis.  The colour of All Hail the Queen is hard to describe, a soft grey mauve with flashes of beige and lilac perhaps?

Natural light

Natural light - My rarely seen thumb!  The hole in my middle finger is obvious on this picture.

Flash

Flash


After applying All Hail the Queen I kept frowning at my nails as the colour reminded me of something, really reminded me of something.  Then I realised it was on old OPI black label colour I lived in for months, Wyatt Earple Purple from their Wild West Collection back in 1999.  I no longer have this to do a side by side comparison but  I managed to find some swatches here (thanks Google images) and a bottle shot.  The swatches reminded me that Wyatt Earple Purple was a frosty finish and brush strokey whilst All Hail the Queen is a micro glitter which almost looks holographic depending on the light.

bottle shot found on Google images


In the pictures above I am wearing two coats of Nail Envy, two coats of All Hail the Queen, one coat Seche Vite, for accent nail it took three coats of Rosie Lee to get full coverage.

The wear time wasn't very long on the pink glitter Rosie Lee, half the nail peeled off within 24 hours, so I removed the whole mani, next time I will probably layer one coat Rosie Lee over All Hail the Queen rather than build up three layers for full coverage.

Wearing this colour made me wonder what Adina of a-england could conjour up if she set to to create this type of colour: probably a one coater with a bit more holo.

2 comments:

  1. I love the glitter one its very pretty, where did you get it from? I am a new blogger too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mainly buy online, this was Amazon. In fact all my butterLONDON polishes have come from Amazon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.