Sunday, 23 September 2012

Dry Marble Barry M Gelly

I recently read a tutorial on dry marbling to using water colours here at PolishandPearls and decided to recreate the look using some brighter Barry M Gelly polishes.  

I've had the Barry M's over a week and so far have only done a quick swatch of them to try out the shades when I received them, and used the purple one (mine is labelled Blackberry, although I read recently some of the Gelly's were mislabelled) as a base to Servin Up Sparkle on the day I got it, but I've never posted about them.  I've gathered some together along with my OPIs Jade is the New Black and Suzy Says Feng Shui which have just arrived and am going to try and use them for various mani's over the next week.




For the dry marble I started with a base of 1xStickey and 1xNail Envy, then added a coat of the pale blue (labelled Blueberry) and allowed this to dry.  Once dry I added generous dots of  Grapefruit, Pomegranate, Suzy Says Feng Shui, a-england's Bridal Veil and some more of the Blueberry then squished them together under a square of freezer bag, then finished off with INM Northern Lights Silver Holo.  I'd considered stamping over this using a silver polish but never got around to it.






If I had gotten around to stamping I would probably have added silver stars as this combi would have made great galaxy nails, although not as great as some of the posts I have read in the week from people participating in the 30 day nail art challenge!

Overall I really like the finish this technique leaves, I think I'll probably go for softer colours next time I try it.

I've got a great idea for a spots and stripes mani using these for my next Barry M Gelly post :)

9 comments:

  1. I love this. The colours you use are really magical and great for winter. And i love the glitter on top. Thanks for using my tutorial i hope it helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the bright pink Barry M Pomegranate right now, that's the shade which was most un-me out of the whole collection! It contrasts my favoured teal shades so well!

      Delete
  2. ahh the colours merged really well, I agree they would make nice galaxy nails, looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they've inspired me to use them so much! Tomorrow's post is probably my favourite combi of these colours.... :)

      Delete
  3. These are gorgeous!! They definitely look like galaxy nails, love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui :) the new Barry M's aren't a patch on your old vintages you've been posting recently.

      Delete
  4. This looks great! And thanks for the link to tutorial, I have to try this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mateja! My biggest tip has to be to try tweezers for picking up the plastic, I used my fingers and the plastic seemed to love the nails it had already been on. Mind you with this finish you can get away with patching up. I had to patch my left thumb.

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.