Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Funky French

When I sat down to do my nails I had an idea of a gradient mani in my mind.  I'd even got the chunks of kitchen sponge ready to dab away.  But then the little voice in the back of my head told me it would be a good idea to try a funky french using triangles of sticky tape.  I really should stop listening to that voice...

I started out with a base of Stickey and Nail Envy, then added two coats of Color Club Nomadic in Nude, topped with Seche and left it about half an hour.  I then picked ten tip colours these were:

Left hand
Thumb - Barry M Gelly Blueberry
Index - Barry M Gelly Watermelon
Middle - Barry M Gelly Satsuma
Ring - Barry M Gelly Pomegranate
Little - Blood Orange

Right Hand
Thumb - OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui
Index - Barry M Gelly Prickly Pear
Middle - a-england Galahad
Ring - Barry M Gelly Blackberry
Little - OPI Jade is the New Black

Once I'd added the tip colour I peeled off the tape straight away with tweezers but had a couple smudge.  Then got really annoyed at the Blood Orange especially as it streaked with top coat and created bleeding over paler part of nail.  It's now known as Bloody Orange!  If I use the Gellys again for this type of thing my memo to self is to allow longer dry time before top coating.

These are the rough photos of the nail fail as my corrective measure was yet to follow: lots of sparkly glitter!




Here they are with a nice layer of OPI Servin Up Sparkle:


And here is a picture without flash as the one above seems to scream Bloody Orange smears on my little finger:

Verdict on this is semi nail fail, but it looks pretty cool now in normal lighting :)

2 comments:

  1. Bloody orange--hilarious! And, what a great save on the mani; it looks really nice with the Servin Up Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of this red in combination with any other colour but I have just worn it alone and it is FAB!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.