Wednesday, 3 October 2012

A right ker-fuffle ruffle.

Whenever I hear the word "kerfuffle" I think of Lou from Little Britain.

Well that's what this bright idea was for me.  A right kerfuffle.

I took inspiration from my cloudicure and thought about some of those awesome posts with rows of dots then combined it with the look of the clouds and it all started to go downhill from there.

My base of 2x Nail Envy then 2x China Glaze Electric Beat was the starting point.  I then placed a row of dots using the largest dotting tool and a-england Galahad, then painted down to dots with Galahad, repeated this with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and tipped it off with a-england Guinevere.  The topped off with Seche Vite.  By this point the tips have eight layers of polish.  Big squishy mistake.  I stopped at my left hand and just dotted the right hand in the same colours.

Here is a no clean up shot of the eight layers of squishyness



As you can see there is a dent in my middle finger, some shrinkage on ring and a wrinkle on my little finger.  My solution was to fill in the gaps with a little more polish and use some Orly Smudge Fixxer to blend the repair, then used this to smooth the wrinkles, and then topped off with some Rimmel Matte top coat.  

Here's the mattified pictures, the smudge fixxer will be my new best friend now before mattifying as I tend to find matte highlights the slightest imperfections.




I really like the dotty hand but not so sure about the ruffle hand, it was too much of a  kerfuffle for my liking.

4 comments:

  1. I like your word "kerfuffle". I've never heard it before. :0) I really like how both your mani's turned out. I haven't had the courage to try anything like either one yet, but will be trying a dotted sometime at the beginning of next week. Really, there is no way to know if it'll turn out until we try, right? :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, it really was a kerfuffle (I love that word) with so many layers of polish, dotting tools are my favourites! Easier than stamping, quicker than tape mani, less messy than a gradient. Can't wait to see your dotting mani

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks :) just dotting is definitely easier than ruffling!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.