Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Five day wear stripes

I enjoyed a long weekend away with hubby this weekend.  My nails for this break were multi coloured stripes on left hand and dots on right hand.

I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls for my off white base.  This proved to be ideal on the dotty hand as the appearance of tip wear was minimal, I have a full week away at the end of October and am thinking this will be the best type of mani to last a week without terrible tip wear showing.

My stripes and dots were:
Red a-england Perceval
Blue OPI Unfor-Greta-bly Blue
Green Barry M British Racing Green
Purple W7 Purple Paradise

Here's the just done pics, so no clean up.  The accent nail on the right hand was unplanned and started off as a laser stripe, but then I tested my striping brushes.  I didn't have time to remove it so just had to roll with it.  I also had a little bit of top coat drag on the dots, but as I had to pack I just left it and ignored this!




And here is same mani after 5 days of wear!



Later last night I had to chop my nails right back, the tip of my index finger on right hand chipped horribly and would have carried on peeling if I hadn't just got the nail clippers out and cut it off.  Luckily my nails grow so quickly that they won't remain super nubs for long! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the stripes, I've seen so many awesome striped mani's at the moment deffinalty going to have to give it a go!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jazz, you should really try them! They're so quick, but lining up the tape can tape a wee while!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.