Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Halloween Nails

This is  a scheduled post ready for when I'm on holiday.

I haven't bought into the Halloween posts which people have been doing, probably because mine would inevitably look shit.  When it comes to nail art I just can't do it.  I can dot and use striping tools, I can sponge and have actually managed some water marbles.  But I can't freehand or come up with anything like the awesome designs I have already seen from early October.

I did consider doing a Frankenstein mani, as I have the green and black and they don't look terribly difficult. But considering is where it ended.  I noticed that between my stamping plates I have quite a few pumpkin and bat designs.

Halloween makes me think of orange in relation to pumpkins.  Orange polish is something I don't have many of, I have Satsuma, pIcture pOlish in Fake Tan which is almost worker vest orange,  and China Glaze Harvest Moon. For this mani I used Barry M Gelly Polish in Satsuma then used the saran wrap method to get a dappled effect with Harvest Moon over the top. This calmed the orange somewhat.  On my accent nail I used the newest addition to the a-england family Beauty Never Fails.

I then stamped these with Halloweeny images.  I thought I had a lot of them in my stamping plates, but when I started going through them the Bundlemonster series 2 plates has the same skull design twice and the same pumpkin twice, they just added a bit extra on the second design but fundamentally the main image is the same.    The images I  used were an evil pumpkin type face from my Red Angel plates, a skull, a witches hat, pumkin and bats from my Bundlemonster.  The witches hat seems not to be etched deeply enough as despite six attempts the full image would not transfer. I stamped the black images with Konad stamping polish and the orange image is using Barry M Satsuma which had been my base on the orange nails.

I didn't like this as the orange makes my hands look dirty.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.