Thursday, 25 October 2012

Quest for the Holy Grail part 6 - water marbling.

I have previously posted that water marbling is my nemesis and that I shouldn't bother to do it again here and here, but as it is something of an elusive Holy Grail to me I decided to have another try.

The lessons I have learned along the way are that less is more when it comes to the number of polish rings, slow and steady seems to work better for me: only doing one or two nail rather than trying to do a full hand.  I watched a load of videos on you tube a while ago and noticed a few things about patterns people were using, also the to "centre" a line you could press through the polish.  With this in mind I had another go....

I started out with a base of Camelot, the gorgeous shiny black colour.  I used PVA as a barrier on my fingers which I something I have posted about previously on one of the links above.  I used a-england Holy Grail, W7 Metallic Saturn and Color Club Rad Nomad (a possible dupe of China Glaze Jungle Queen.)


The W7 and Holy Grail are very close when marbled over black.

I got so confident that by the time I got to my right hand I did an accent nail and used only Holy Grail and Camelot for this nail! 







I'm really pleased with these!  I may even try to marble again some time soon (gasp!)



6 comments:

  1. So well done, I SUCK at watermarbling!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I suck too so keep trying! You may fall lucky and manage one worth posting about!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. My advice is to sit and watch lots of tutorials on you tube who make it look mega easy. Personally I don't tape my fingers, I use PVA glue as I mentioned in this post http://emslittlecorner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/pva-watermarble.html and I have found that no more than 10 drops of polish is right for me (I use plastic pint glasses for marbling)

      Delete
  3. Wow, gorgeous, the thumb nail really shows off the beauty of the marble and polish! Well done for persevering!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - I am going to have another go.... using white (OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls) Teal (a-england Galahad) darker blue (a-england Tristam) and black (a-england Camelot) if it's worthy I'll post it!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.