Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Skies are blue

I tried out a cloudicure after seeing the amazing holo one done over at Nail Newbie's page here but only commited to one accent nail as I just knew I'd bugger them up if I went for more than one nail per hand.

I practiced doing this free hand with a brush on the old mani I was about to remove and concluded I had no hope of freehanding. So I used a dotting tool to get the scalloped edge, then filled in.

I used China Glaze Electric Beat, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and W7 Strawberry Daquiri for this.  The W7 was a mistake as it is very sheer and needs lots of layers to get coverage, next time I try this I would try for a one coater.  Also being sheer it didn't end up taking the right shape.

There was some horrible shrinkage to the pink shade caused by my bottle of Seche which I think is past it's best - I've added a couple of drops of Seche Restore but it doesn't seem to have helped.

I added some other "clouds" using dotting tools, but this wasn't a good move as hubby looked at them and said they were Mickey Mouse nails...  And I can see exactly what he means!

I thought I'd cleaned up, but the flash highlights exactly how much I'd missed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.