Tuesday, 23 October 2012

The Quest for the Holy Grail part 4 - Fishtail Fail

The next polish "holy grail" is something I have seen on tutorial posts looking so simple, but I haven't attempted as I didn't think it would work out right on my short nails.  

I decided to use a-england's Holy Grail, Tristam and Galahad to create a fish tail accent on this hand as the original accent nail had an accident....
The accent nail on this hand was originally a-england's Avalon topped with Fantasy Fire, but then along came a tea pot and killed it.

To say my first attempt was a disaster is something of an understatement.  So I thought sod it and did the rest of my left hand.  Then I reached for the acetone.  To be fair the fifth one was better than the first one, but none of them were pleasing.  It doesn't help that I love tape manis and crisp lines.

Any way here's the attempts I made, no clean up as it was just about to be cleaned off.



For now this is one Holy Grail which will remain... I may try it again someday but I'm not holding much hope. Nail Fail!

2 comments:

  1. Fish tails are hard. I tried 1 a while ago (it's on my blog) and for my 1st attempt it was ok. Tried it again the other night with various pinks but they're no contrasting enough xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just took a look at your first attempt, looks great but you have a longer nail and better canvas, so I come back to my earlier comment in the post as to why I've never done them: my nails are too short (and I'm sticking with that excuse lol!)

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.