Thursday, 29 November 2012

Dotticure fail!

Today's post is something I'm classing a fail although it isn't massively messy, the overall finish just doesn't do it for me.  I think it's the colour choices.  I posted a simple dotticure here which was fascinating me all the time I wore it, the bright colours were fab and I really liked it.  I decided to do something similar over a dark base, but it left me feeling meh!



My base was a-england Camelot, I then added dots in Barry M Gelly Pomegranate, Enchanted Polish Marge's Blue Beehive and a-england Excalibur.  I filled in any small gaps between dots with Morgan Le Fay.  One thing I did differently on this mani to previously was that I didn't change for a smaller dotting tool before applying the third colour dots.


I think this pattern of dots would look cool over the Christmas period in red, green and gold.  A mini wreath on the nails!  I'll have to see if I can face trying that out some time!  My colours would be a neutral background, perhaps My Boyfriend Scales Walls, then all the others would be a-england: Perceval for the red, St George for the green and Holy Grail (original) for gold.

5 comments:

  1. Love the pattern of dots. I think the colours look nice personally :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shouldn't leave you feeling 'meh' this is great, love the colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I think it looks good too. And great combo of colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all three of you, I still don't like it! I guess it's cos I was comparing it to the brighter one I'd already done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ChopSuey I'm a clumsy bugger and deleted your comment by accident. sorry :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.