Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Multi-colour quarter gradient with stamping

I'm starting this post with the statement this is not the neatest post I have ever made!

So now expectations are suitably lowered...  I had an image in mind of sponging over a white base using some bright cream polishes and then stamping over it.  The result I got is fab, I keep looking at it.  The pictures are messy though, as my poor fingertips can't take more acetone, I had to foil wrap my fingers to remove some glitter before this mani and my skin has a burning sensation when I do that.

So to start I used my nail envy / matte base then added a single layer of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.

I sponged over this with four colours, I used Barry M Gelly polishes in Grapefruit, Prickly Pear and Blueberry along with Neon Green by W7.  This was topped with Rimmel Matte Finish top coat.

Here is how the just sponged (messy) nails look.



I allowed the first lot of polish to dry then stamped using this animal print pattern from BM223 using a-england Camelot.




Really like the contrast between the shiny stamp and the matte colours behind this.

Here's a couple of 24hrs later pictures, with tip wear





And here's the bottles:



2 comments:

  1. I love doing sponge manicures like this - I'm always so impressed with how well they turn out :) LOVE the zebra print over the top!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.