Tuesday, 1 January 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 1 Black and White

Happy new year!!!  

My first post of 2013 starts with this:

**disclaimer** this didn't look anywhere near as messy IRL, white + flash + macro = evil!

I chose to do a gradient over a base of glistening white - OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and a-england Morgan Le Fay.  After allowing this to dry I used striping tape to tape off my geometric patterns then sponged on my gradient using My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Beauty UK Slate (grey cream) and a-england Camelot.


This is the first gradient where I've been able to use three colours!





Be sure to take a look at the other 31 Day Challenger's posts!

6 comments:

  1. I love how you applied the gradient over the tape, gives a great effect! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. And I just had the exact same thing happen with Butter London The Full Monty--my cuticles looked clean until I took pictures and then suddenly all this sparkly stuff on my cuticles showed up in the pictures. I cleaned my cuticles THREE times, and it still did it...grrr...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of doing a gradient over the taped design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gradient over the tape is a neat idea I must try!!! Good thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.