Thursday, 17 January 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 17 A new technique (fail!)

The watercolour mani from a couple of days ago was a new technique for me which resulted in me looking at YouTube to see how to do it.  Whilst on there I was looking for inspiration for another new technique. The two I came across were one stroke flowers and this one, newspaper print.

I tried this using water as there's no alcohol in the house, there was a video showing it done with water.  All a big fail really, I smudged half my thumb nail off (it seemed dry to touch!) and very little print transferred.




The white I used is OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (as ever!) I have a back up bottle of this now, given to me on my birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I was tempted to try newspaper nails, but I was too intimidated. Well done for going for it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.