Friday, 18 January 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 18 Your Oldest Untried

When I saw what Day 18 was I thought I'd be sitting this one out - or looking for my oldest polish which I have in my stash but haven't blogged about (probably Leighton Denny Jailbird)

Then a nagging voice in the back of my head reminded me of Nubar Earth....

I bought Nubar Earth in August,  I swatched it on just one nail in a comparison with a-england St George and Glitter Gal Lizard Belly.  I wasn't impressed by the (runny) consistency so it's sat there and been frowned at and passed over ever since.

Well I have now swatched it on a whole hand and am still less than impressed, this one may be popping up on eBay soon (don't buy it: it's a pig!)

The colour is fab, it's just the runny nature of this which leads to flooding cuticles.  Any attempt at clean up leads to green stained cuticles.  I imagine wearing this over any period of time could also potentially lead to staining.




This is what happened when it came to removal - shame the green fingers aren't really picked up on here.


And here's after 10 mins with a cotton bud. Still got dark edges....


EVIL POLISH!!!!!




7 comments:

  1. It's such a gorgeous polish, shame about the evil formula :( .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour, perhaps you could use this for water marbling or dotting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely colour and yuck - hate runny polishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a shame! What a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour! Such a shame of the evil removal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it with teals and staining??

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful color. That's a pity that it's too runny. I hate having stained cuticles.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.