Wednesday, 2 January 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 2 Silver

Day two is silver.  For me this is the perfect opportunity to pull out an old favourite which I haven't worn alone for ages, OPI DS Shimmer.  I showed this very briefly in a couple of posts prior to Christmas as a shimmery show.

This is the "old lady" of the DS range, number DS001 and is often forgotten about.  Coronation came along and Shimmer seemed to slip by the by.

Shimmer is a full on silver holo, but it is and always was a watery, thin formula.  It required 3-4 coats to be fully opaque.  As I am not the most patient of people I always layer this when wearing alone, either over a grey or over silver, in this post I have used silver: a-england Excalibur.

The silver on the cap has worn patchy, the polish smells strongly of adhesive, but it's still fab!







Check out the other challengers manis:

5 comments:

  1. I hose a HOLO polish for my silver nails too, great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.