Wednesday, 30 January 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 30 your favourite technique

Anyone who has read my blog for a while may have noticed two techniques I am particularly fond of, gradients and dotticures, of the two dotticures are my favoured one due to being less messy and less clean up needed!

Today we have a dotticure using a-england Guinevere and Ascalon.  I seem to have used these two a lot recently, but I love the contrast of the holo shimmer and the cream. These two seem to go together perfectly.





I reversed the colours for my left hand.





6 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful, Emma! As it happens, I have on Sally Hansen's I Lilac You, and it's similar to Guinevere. It really inspired me, and I had lots of ideas for nail art with ILY as the base, including a dotticure. I settled on trying stamping for the first time, and before I saw your post, I picked Glitter Gal's Silver Holo to try to stamp with. It's similar to your Ascalon, so it's nice to see that the color combo is pretty. Wish me luck with my first stamping attempt! If the silver holo polish doesn't stamp well, I may have to try another polish, like a metallic purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh can't wait to see your stamping! Holos are normally pretty good stampers, try stamping on paper or kitchen towel first to see how good it transfers

      Delete
    2. she's right! they do usually stamp really well. the one's i like best for stamping are the urban outfitters holos. they don't look their effect and they are still opaque.

      Delete
  2. This looks perfect, so good! Love the two colours together

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a great color combo! love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.