Wednesday, 9 January 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 9 Saran Wrap

When I saw saran wrap I knew exactly what I wanted to do!  For a while I have been wanting to try sky blue and white for a lovely cloudy sky effect.

I used a base of one coat of Barry M Blueberry.  Once this was dry I painted on OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and used cling film to get this effect.  I then topped this with W7 Diamond top coat to smooth out the finish.







I love how simple this is to do, this is the fourth time I have tried this technique, what seems to work best for me is to use opaque cream one coaters rather than shimmers and to apply the lighter colour last. I once used two blues and used the darker colour last, it looks messy looking back at that one compared to this.

3 comments:

  1. Love this!
    The soft blue indeed gives a lovely sky effect!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing effect!
    I love this combo of colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.