Monday, 4 February 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 31 Part V (FAIL!)

Day 17 was try out a new techique day, SmashleySparkles posted an awesome acid wash as a new technique so I set about recreating it.  Epic Fail Ahead....

I didn't have any of the polishes she used so my base was OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, once this and the topcoat were dry I layered on Barry M Turquoise, Grapefruit and Prickly Pear, then took a small brush and my remover.  My mistake came firstly in colour choice and layering order, the pink came through like blood from a wound.  My next mistake came in that I had used up the battery on my phone and so tried to create this from memory and didn't do enough "holes" in my polish.

I disliked my results so much that I only did my left "practice" hand, the one I don't normally blog with, did no clean up and removed it once I'd taken these pictures.





3 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry this one ended up being a fail for you! Try it again with different colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you changed the colours, these would make great zombie nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you change up the colors, this would make perfect zombie nails for Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.