Monday, 25 February 2013

flowers in spring time

I had a green gradient on my nails using W7 Khaki, China Glaze Def Defying and Budding Romance but felt it was missing something.  I considered adding flowers using my dotting tools, but then remembered some flower water decals I had been given for Christmas by my mother in law, they are all flowers so I figured I'd give them a try. 

I haven't used anything like these for quite a few years, I think the last ones I had were Special FX which used to be on QVC back in the early 2000s.  Special FX also used to do things like duochromes and heat sensitive polishes as well as nail foils.  Wonder where they went?

Anyhow I didn't follow the instructions in any way.  The way they recommended to apply was to place on the nail then rub the back with a damp cloth or sponge.  I put some water in a saucer, dropped the transfer and backing into the water then placed onto nail and gently rubbed.  Once I'd done all my nails I allowed any surface water to dry then used W7 Diamond topcoat over them.

I did have a problem on my middle finger and managed to split the design.  I also found that a couple of them were slightly too long for my nubbins and the bloody things were then stuck to my skin and didn't want to clean off!







After showering the decal on my little finger came off (despite topcoat) and the rest were not far behind, so I was left with a swampy green gradient and no flowers :( next time I use these decals I must try a couple of topcoats and see if a good layer of seche keeps them on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.