Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Dotty French Rainbows revisited (fail)

Back in February I posted a "dotty french rainbow" and decided to revisit it as I have (or should I say had!) some length to my nails.

This mani is something of a fail as I painty squiffy freehand tips and wasn't happy with the dots, then my topcoat streaked the dots.  It is also a fail as some hour or so after doing it, I busted my thumb nail and decided to file all my tips back to my normal shorties, so ended up taking the polish off and painting my nails a simple navy blue for the next day.  I must admit I did toy with the idea of nail glue and a tea bag to patch the break as I loved the length they were at, but they felt were starting to feel "vulnerable" as I only have short nail beds and I must have had some 3-4 mm of free tip, plus the tips were starting to affect my typing!  As my nails do grow quickly they will probably only need a month or so to be back here.




Base colour was OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, thumb Sally Hansen Courtesan, index China Glaze Tart-y for the Party, middle Sally Hansen Himalayan Blue, ring Kiko 336, little finger Barry M Green Berry

3 comments:

  1. Fab mani Em, really good x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have those! I still think it's cute, though! And usually, you see less of the streaks and stuff in real life since you're not up real close :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Denise, but I still ended up removing it straight away once I had taken the pictures!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.