Saturday, 29 June 2013

SpaRitual Imaginarium and Kindness

In this post I have two products which have been sent to me for review.

SpaRitual are a brand I have been aware of, but haven't yet tried (until now!)  They have a wide range of polishes available online here and I believe you can get them in some beauty salons (I think the local Aveda place may carry them, but I could be wrong.)

Here's the info from their website about the range...

Dedicated to the spa tradition, SpaRitual is committed to creating eco-friendly products and packaging perfectly crafted for the enlightened consumer. We use Vegan ingredients from around the world, including many specially sourced and selected plant essences that are wild crafted OR organic. The formulations are naturally coloured and free of synthetic dyes. SpaRitual is constantly monitoring sustainability issues and strives to be on the cutting edge of environmental awareness. Enlighten yourself. Be a SpaRitualist. Because we all deserve to live the good life.

I hadn't really considered how difficult buying polish could be if you are a Vegan, but I've never come across any other brands which advertise this.

Left is Imaginarium, right is Kindness

The bottles are the first thing I noticed, the rubberised grip on the handle gives great control and the shape of the bottle make it sit comfortably in your hand.  The brush itself was a nice size and shape (not too wide!)



Onto the polishes.

Imaginarium is a hot pink with a blue undertone, my favourite type of pink and perfect for summer.  This polish is slightly thin and watery.  I flooded my cuticles twice, which is rare for me nowadays.  I had to use three coats to get opacity.  I tried using a base of white on my ring and little fingers to see if it popped any brighter, but this wasn't necessary.  The three coats without a white base were already highlighter pink!

Imaginarium could probably be used for a neon jelly sandwich as the top layer, I must try this at some point!

I've had to try and adjust the colours on some of the pictures, neons are notorious for being hard to photograph!  These are three coats, no top coat.




The other polish I have is Kindness.  I don't really wear or own many oranges, but this polish has really won me over!  The photos have captured the micro-glitters, but what you can't really see is that the glitter is a lime green colour!

Kindness was perfect to apply, it has quite a thick texture which I like.  It was so pigmented that it was almost perfect in one coat. No flooded cuticles and no clean up needed for the following pictures as the control given by the brush and the thicker formulation meant to polish went precisely where I wanted it to and nowhere else!

The finish of Kindness is fantastic, it dries to a smooth semi matte finish with glittery hints: in this sense it reminded me a lot of the Cirque polish I posted about a couple of weeks ago.

The following pictures are two coats without any top coat.






When I first knew the colours being sent were an orange and a pink I did consider the idea of pairing the two for some final pictures as a gradient.  The two polishes are so different that the gradient didn't really work for me: the pink is a sheer jelly finish and the glittery semi matte orange dominated the pairing, I got as far as one nail and decided not to carry on.

Overall I am impressed with these two polishes, considering they have natural colours it must be hard work getting highlighter pink in a bottle without lots of artificial help!  The bottle shape and brush are winners.  It's also worth noting the bottles are full 15ml bottles, so many polish ranges now are smaller size bottles.

Also impressive was the speed with which these were sent to me, they arrived in less than 24hrs!

SpaRitual have a range of products for hand and nail care including strengtheners, cuticle care and top coats as well as nail files and of course polishes.  They also have bath products, candles, fragrance mists and lip glosses.  At present the website has sale polishes starting from £5 which is certainly tempting me.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! An orange polish that's new to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought of you the moment I took it out of the box!

      Delete
  2. Ooh these look great! love the pink x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good blue toned pink too

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.