Thursday, 11 July 2013

An update on my SpaRitual Strengthener challenge!

Last Saturday I revealed an ongoing review in which I had chopped and filed my nails right back in order to try out a different strengthener to my usual Nail Envy. I have been using SpaRitual Protein Boost Moisture Repair Strengthener for eight days now and wanted to show an update on my results.

Just a warning about my nails, revealed here in their glory they look stained (Barry M Spring Green I shake my fist at you!) And they have some slight ridging which I noticed looking at these pictures, to be honest I didn't realise this as one coat of my base strengthener and I have a smooth canvas, it isn't enough of an issue to make me sit and buff them.


Here is how they looked at the start of this....


Here is eight days on....


Another picture from the beginning...


And here is eight days later....


I think this is some impressive growth! I knew my nails had grown, but not realised how much until I was sat in a training course and started picking my polish off (a bad habit which I hadn't done for around 9 months!) I then looked down and saw all the white free tip and thought "wow!" Another week like this and they'll be epic!


I have also been using the SpaRitual Cuti-Cocktail Pen and Pusher for my oil. I have to comment on this as a week on and I am even more in love with this, when I apply this it feels slightly "dry" because it absorbs into my skin very quickly and I much prefer this feeling over greasy substances sitting on my skin doing nothing. The Cuti-Cocktail really works for me, I apply it two to three times during the day, when I took the pictures above it was approx 6pm and I last oiled at 2pm, yet there is very little dryness on my skin, a massive improvement. A further comment I have is that during our very hot weekend of the Wimbledon finals the temps were stupidly high (for the UK!) I expected the oil to run out of the pen, turned liquid by the heat, but it applied exactly the same. I really must invest in a back up pen and bottle of this cuticle care as I really do prefer it to the Avoplex I have been using.

In the UK you can buy SpaRitual  online here. These items were sent to me for purposes of reviewing, the opinions expressed are in no way influenced by this: the pictures speak for themselves!


8 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing! And those pens are really nifty with the extra pusher end. What kind of tip is on the cuticle oil dispenser? I'm used to a rollerball but this appeared to be more like a felt tip in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a brush,a soft brush which I like. It's similar to the opi avoplex in the tube, that has same type of brush.

      Delete
  2. Oh my god! Such an improvement! I'm so happy for you! I was wondering if I should get this exact duo (protein boost and cuticle oil), but now seeing your post I definitely will : )
    Thanks so much!
    Regards,
    Dimi
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works as well for you :D I'm will be posting further weekly updates so keep an eye open!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for another spurt of growth over the next week!

      Delete
  4. I'm in love with the Protein Boost. I've never taken the "challenge," but I I use it as a basecoat for EVERY manicure. It really helps extend the life of a mani.. my most recent lasted 9 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I don't think I have ever gone so long with same polish, three days tends to be my max!!!!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.