Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Kiko 644

I recently posted my Barry M texture polishes and realised I've never properly swatched or posted about my Kiko SugarMat polishes.

These polishes were the main reason hubby, stepdaughter and I ended up in a dodgy shopping centre in Paris.  I had been desperate to get my hands on them so I found a shopping centre with a Kiko store in it which was along the RER line from Disneyland Paris when we went just before Easter.  The shopping centre in itself seemed ok, but the RER train journey and the rest of Paris seemed a horrendous tourist trap and there seemed to people everywhere wanting to pick pocket, beg or generally make a nuisance of themselves.  I'm sure there are some very nice parts of Paris, it's probably just me not passing through them and making a sweeping statement.

Anyhow Kiko Sugarmat 644 really excited me when I saw the colour and the texture, a fab blue with twinkly silver glitter and texture.  It goes on very well in two coats and needs about 20 mins to dry to a textured finish.  It is very much a denim blue, I love wearing this with silver studs.




There is one huge negative about this and Kiko 646 Sugarmat in black: they both have horrible brushes and are very thick in texture.  I hate trying to put that brush into the bottle as it's splayed and I don't really like the application, however once on I do like this polish!

4 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous! I want a polish like this, have my eyes on the zoya pixie dust polishes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try a Zoya polish, the only ones I have are the flakies so any polish or a textured Pixie dust would be something I'd love to try!

      Delete
  2. I love the blue texture colour! Such a shame the brush is a little dodgy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome blue, I've always found kiko a little thicker than I'm used to.But to quote Sally Magpie from her blogging days the brush is like a witches broomstick.

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.