Sunday, 4 August 2013

Born Pretty Store 2mm Rose Stud Review

I was sent this product for review purposes.

I haven't done a Born Pretty Store review for a little while, been awaiting the Royal Mail delivering these beauties.

The first item I will be showing is the 2mm Rose Studs, these retail at $5.84 for a bag, approx £3.80.  The bag is a generous size and I think I will be using these for quite a while!

I decided to use them as an accent within a tape mani, using a base colour of Sally Hansen Courtesan then taping off patterns using striping tape and painting over the top with China Glaze Stone Cold for a shiny / matte texture.

The studs wouldn't grip onto Stone Cold very well, the polish I used dries fast and isn't really the best texture to use studs on.  To rectify this I used my smallest dotting tool to dot a slow drying topcoat where I wanted to place the studs then placed the stud onto the top coat.




The studs are quite proud of the nail once applied, so I think using matte polish may not be the best of ideas as the studs would probably last longer using a top coat to help hold them on.


The final picture shows the same mani with top coat,  I wanted to check to make sure that the studs didn't suffer any colour bleeding, the picture below shows they didn't.


Overall I love these studs,  found them a tad bit fiddly to begin with as they seem smaller than any other stud I've used.  They have a definite top and bottom, when  tipped them out to use every stud landed bottom up!  They are a fab accent colour, making a change from the usual silver studs I reach for.

I would definitely recommend these!

The code below offers 10% off any purchase made from the Born Pretty Store website, just add it at checkout.  Born Pretty Store offer free world wide shipping and have a huge selection of nail art items.

Product was sent for review although this does not affect opinions.


6 comments:

  1. Great mani! It looks gorgeous *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was especially pleased with this one as I originally sat down to do my nails with a totally different idea in mind!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm thinking of trying something similar with a green base or possibly a different colour matte polish.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Vic, I keep looking at this one and being awed that I actually did it!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.