Saturday, 31 August 2013

Inspired by Nailasaurus

I recently bought some Sally Hansen Gem Crush polishes - I found them on sale on eBay five for twenty quid.  When thinking how to use them within a mani I turned to my nail heroine, The Nailasaurus, the queen of manis with lots of stuff going on which always "work."  Checking out her posts, the most common pattern I can see is two creme finishes and a glitter. Usually she has a couple of plain nails with minor adornment and a couple of intricate ones plus glitter.  Hopefully this one "works!"  If I had more time I would have done a gradient nail on my thumb, instead I went for glitter on two nails. 

After starting out with my SpaRitual Protein Boost, I used a combination of Barry M Gelly in Greenberry, China Glaze Tart-y For the Party and Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Bejeweled.  There was some studs and some striping tape and some Seche and the end result is....




Now onto the other exciting info....  I mentioned to hubby that I'd love an SLR camera, turns out he would too, so as a started camera I've just got a Nikon D3100 which I'm going to be experimenting with... hopefully this resolves my slightly too bright photo issues (well I think they are!) and not being able to photograph coral polishes!   Meant to be delivered today so fingers crossed....

I got on google and searched the model of the camera and nail blogger - results back are that it's used by Kayla Shevonne in amongst others (good enough for me!)

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I can totally see the Nailasaurus inspiration! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really enjoyed wearing them as they were simple to do but eye catching

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted the Sally H Gem Crush but they're always quite pricey! These are a bargain though and I love what you've done with them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. I tried to link to seller, but none for sale at the moment. I hadn't seen them anywhere apart from once in Cornwall, they were a crazy price so I left them on the shelf.

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.