Thursday, 22 August 2013

Jacava London Midnight's Secret and Chillax plus an attempt at waterspotted marbling.

**press sample**

JACAVA London are a brand which are relatively new to me, I understand from the description on their website that their formula "is the world's first '8-free' nail varnish. That's free from DBP, Camphor, Formaldehyde, Toluene, Cellophane, Parabens, Phthalates and Animal Ingredients. We never test on Animals and our nail polish is Vegan friendly." The range are designed in London and made in the UK - yay for British polish!

The bottles are very sleek and a generous 12ml size.  The long, thin handle of the brush makes the cap feel very elegant, the brush is very good and the formulation is fab, the polish applies evenly, no drag, no flooding or pooling and full coverage in two coats.

First up is Midnight's Secret, my favourite shade of blue (very similar to the one I wore on my wedding day) this is described on the JACAVA website as a "metallic royal blue polish, suitably chic for every occasion."






I decided to try my hand at a water spotted mani over this blue, my first attempt at this.  I realised that I had a hair product which I never used and the main ingredient was alcohol so I tried spraying this into water with a-england Holy Grail.  It was a bit of a disaster really, the picture below has no clean up as I didn't like it and decided to remove it!  




The next JACAVA London polish is Chillax.  This shade is a turquoise which reminded me of mermaids and exotic seas.  The perfect green blue sea we don't seem to have off the coast of the UK!  The JACAVA website describes this "Steal a moment of calm serenity and bathe your nails in this evocative, deep metallic turquoise nail polish. So beautiful, it takes your breath away."  This polish is similar to a couple of others I have already, however the other brands are nowhere near as pigmented and do not offer the same level of coverage.






The polish retails at £14.50 and can be purchased here from online Jacava.com,  Amazon or Feel Unique or instore in 400 pharmacies and salons.

2 comments:

  1. Oh these polishes are absolute miracle! I love them! :) Very nice opacity, application and all in all they are fabulous ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both, Midnight's Secret is so much like the one I wore on my wedding day that I probably just prefer it!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.