Thursday, 15 August 2013

L'Oreal Owls Night / dupe

Earlier this week I posted OPI Live and Let Die, I realised I have a similar shade in my untrieds, L'Oreal Owl's Night.  This is a golden green within a blackened base.

Pictures below show two coats over Protein Boost, no top coat.




This is my first experience of L'Oreal polish for... years.  Years and years.  I found that the first nails were on the first application, but after a second coat they were fine.  I thought that I may have some dupes, so got my closed two here for comparison.

The OPI is obviously nothing like Owl's Night, but the a-england Beauty Never Fails is a pretty close match and deserved closer investigation....


The index and middle fingers are two coats of a-england, the ring and little are two coats of Owl's Night.  Not top coat.



Owl's Night is slightly more golden where Beauty Never Fails has more of a green hue.  Of the two I actually prefer the a-england.

1 comment:

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.