Tuesday, 6 August 2013

nuts

In the spirit of re-using things (and having no cling film in the house) I decided to confess how I acheived the "saran wrap" effect for yesterday's born pretty review....

Packing nuts!


I'm sure many of us who buy polish online have had these delightful polystyrene packing nuts to pad out a package.  I think I may have seen it mentioned in a facebook group (Debbie Crumpet I'm looking at you....) that these packing nuts make a good alternative to cling film.  So I decided to try it out with something bolder than teal and grey....

SpaRitual Last Tango painted over Barry M polishes in Lemon Ice Cream, Greenberry, Blueberry, Prickly Pear and Blackcurrant then dabbed off with one of these, squished up nuts.  In between each dab I dabbed the nut on a piece of kitchen roll to avoid putting too much polish back on.




I think this worked just as well as a cling film ball, it was much easier and quicker though and looking at the box above I have plenty to go at!

Don't forget you can enter the giveaway to win the SpaRitual polish I used in this mani by clicking on the "SpaRitual Giveaway" at the top of the page.

The SpaRitual polish featured was sent for review all other polishes purchased by me.

1 comment:

  1. Clever idea, never thought of using them, or clingfilm. New follower too :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.