Friday, 9 August 2013

Striping Tape + matte polish + studs

Earlier in the week I posted a review post featuring studs from the Born Pretty Store in which I used China Glaze Stone Cold, loving the way the matte texture worked I decided to try again.  The polishes I used were Invogue Suede in Emerald Dust and W7 Suede in Mauve over my favourite white OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  My base was the usual SpaRitual Protein Boost.





I added two coats of Seche for shine and to help the studs stay anchored.


The left had was similar, but not the same.

And finally, left hand (unsuccessfully) attempts to be The Crumpet!




I wish I had changed the white for a different colour as the green and white combi reminded me of a tennis court!

Pictures not clear for some reason, think it's the way I uploaded them :(


The studs were sent for review.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I am in loveeeeee with that green! The matte effect just gives it that extra little push! lovely striping tape mani too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nada, I had had this sitting untried for almost two months now I can't believe I hadn't tried it! It's a better matte than my memories tell me my w7 matte finishes were - they were more rubbery if I remember correctly. I'm going to have to try them again to see though!

      Delete
  2. I really love what you've done here. The striping is awesome, and the studs are cute little extras. Really nice mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I seem to really quite like a shiny base with a matte over it and studs at moment!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.