Sunday, 11 August 2013

the one where I'm sulking!

Ok, maybe sulking isn't the right word, but right now I am missing my longer nails! On the positive side of things I know they grew to their previous length in a little over 4 weeks, so bye bye August bring me September!  After mentioning in my post on Thursday that I had filed the nails back to grow out some damage I then had both of my middle fingers break even lower down so I had to file back even further - hence the sulky chops.

Today's post is a result of this post by the Nailasaurus.  It reminded me that I haven't worn Fancy Pants for a while and I've been wanting to give it another outing.  Instead of pairing it with lilac I decided to use SpaRitual Imaginarium, a hot neon pink in the hope of encouraging those pink sparkles to shine through.

The following pictures were taken after a day's wear so there is some tip wear.








I started with SpaRitual Protein Boost, applied two coats of Imaginarium, topped with Seche then waited for it to dry.  I then created the gradient with Fancy Pants and once dry I added the left over water decals I reviewed for Born Pretty Store earlier in the week, then topped it all with W7 Diamond top coat.

Imaginarium, Protein Boost and the Born Pretty decals were previously sent for review.  Fancy Pants and the top coats were purchased by me.

4 comments:

  1. I love the stamp! :) its so pretty, lovely gradient colours too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my stamping were this good Nada, these are water decals which I was able to place using tweezers, if I'm stamping I never get the image where I want it!

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain with short nails. I need to file mine down, but can't bring myself to do it lol. even though I have four patched as they have splits in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair I guess I could have attempted to tea bag patch the two middle fingers, but the first one happened at 7am and the other happened at 9.30am and filing those nails back seemed easier than trying to get through the whole day before I got home and could consider patches. Plus I'm not a fan of patching up, I used to have the OPI kit to fix your nails - about nine years ago! - and it never seemed to really help, I'd end up with the patch lifting during the day.

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.