Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Beauty UK West End Girl swatches and watercolour

Today I have a set of polishes from Beauty UK which I was sent for purposes of review.

The West End Girl gift set is 6 mid sized polishes (8ml) which offer fab value and are perfect shades for Autumn.  

The box was torn by me in my eagerness to check out the polishes. OooOps!

The set has a sage green, a mushroom brown, a creamy nude, a dusky rose, a bright red and a deep vampy burgundy red.  All of the polishes are creme finishes apart from the creamy nude shade which has a slight shimmer.  In the pictures below I used two coats without top coat.  







The final polish may have been better with three coats looking at  it in the picture above, although it looked fine in normal lighting.

It is possible that if I dig through my stash (of about 350 polishes) that I would be able to find some dupes, however not everyone may have the same volume of polish I have or range of colours and for those on a budget this set retails at a fab price of £4.99 for all six of the polishes - amazing value, especially when you think the similar brown I have is a China Glaze which retails for that alone!

Seeing these colours made me think of autumn leaves so I decided to combine them over a base of the nude colour.  I topped the nude with Seche then mixed a dot of each polish with acetone on a bit of tin foil to get my "paints" for my abstract Autumn leave scene.




My personal favourites were the green, brown and surprisingly the dusty rose - it was more dusty and less rosey so I didn't find it too "safe."  Personally I am not a big red lover so whilst the red polish and oxblood colour are nice and very shiny on the nail and seasonal for Autumn and Christmas they just aren't shades I tend to wear often myself !

Beauty UK polishes can be purchased in store from Superdrug, online from Superdrug and online from their own website.

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours! I really like the sage green, mushroom brown, creamy nude and the dusty rose! And I love what you did with all the polishes from this set! The abstract leaves are fab! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.