Saturday, 14 September 2013

Models Own Roman Candle and Absinthe.

Today I have two polishes sent for review, I thought this blog post had posted yesterday but found it in my drafts this morning?!  It was Friday 13th after all... maybe some blogger gremlins?  

First up is Models Own Roman Candle.  Roman Candle is from a series of five firework inspired glitters, this particular colour combines both fuchsia and and gold hex glitter with black and silver bar glitters.  In the pictures below I used two coats of Kiko 295, a vibrant Cerulean blue shade which contrasts the glitters nicely.  I then dabbed on one coat of Roman Candle.  The pictures below are without topcoat - as you can see the glitters lay nicely.

 
 


I think the combination of two coloured and sized hexes with two other colours of bar glitter really do get the pop of a firework.  I'll be enjoying wearing this again soon!

The other Models Own polish I was sent to review is Absinthe from the Velvet Goth collection.  This one is a matte polish which appears textured yet is lovely and smooth!  The bottle has a velvet covered cap and the range has some fab shades.  They were on my wish list from seeing the first swatches, so I was delighted to be able to try this one.  Absinthe is a deep emerald green, the glitter is fine and densely packed in a matte base to give full coverage with some larger hex glitter in there too.  It gives the impression that it is textured, yet from the side shots you can see how smooth it actually is.




The only hesitation I have about the Velvet Goth collection is the cap on the bottle, I wonder if somewhere down the line it may look a bit grubby, but then who cares as it's not the bottle you're looking at on your nails is it?!  The other Goths are in Amethyst purple, Valerian midnight blue, Obsidian slate grey to black and Sardonyx deep red.  I have my hesitation about buying the red as I rarely wear it, but the rest are going to fall in my basket at some point!!

The polishes featured are £5 each and available to buy online at modelsownit.com (buy 5 and save £5 at the moment, which means you could get one of the full collections for £20) in store in Boots at the moment and will be in Superdrug later in the month, from 25th September.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful polish! I love that sparkles!

    http://juditnailpolishblog.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sparkles too! Roman Candle feels like a firework and Absinthe benefits from the glitter as otherwise it could look flat.

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.