Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Morgan Taylor Under the Stars and Polished Up

Today's blogpost features some swatches of a new to me brand, Morgan Taylor.  I was lucky enough to nab these on an eBay auction! Brand new and they cost me only £1.04 each!  Add in postage they came to a combined total of £6.58 which is cheaper than I could buy even one in a store.  They normally retail at £10.50 in the Urban Retreat at Harrods and are available in selected salons.

First up is Under the Stars.  I saw this on Cynthia from "Of Life and Lacquer" a little while ago and have wanted it since, so when I saw it ending in 6mins on eBay I sat and stalked it!  This inky, navy blue base has holographic glitter throughout it.  The photos of this are a little blurry, this is intentional (for once!) as it captured the holo better!

The pictures below are two coats, no top coat.

 
 
 
 
The other polish I picked up was Polished Up, this one is slightly more lilac than the photos portray.  It goes on smoothly in two coats.  It's actually a good neutral shade for my skin tone.

 
 
 
I decided to do a leopard print over this using Kiko 295 and my Barry M black nail art pen.

 
The bottles are a generous 15ml size, I love the brush, the handle fits comfortably in the hand and the polishes went on well in two coats.  I really like them and will be looking out for more of them in future!

4 comments:

  1. Jealous!!! Under The Stars is on my wishlist. I even tweeted Morgan Taylor to ask where I could buy it in the UK (they didn't answer!) I'm hoping they have it at Olympia Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it in mine for a bit, fingers crossed they're there. I keep getting daily emails about Olympia, wish I was going (bank manager glad I'm not!)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was so lucky! They had each only had one bid. Maybe it is due to a lack of brand awareness in UK? I see them on Instagram all the time and American blogs, but only once seen them on a British blog.

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.