Sunday, 20 October 2013

Barry M Matte Nail Polish in Vanilla and Espresso plus a dotticure.

**press sample**

I previously reviewed two of the Barry M Matte Nail Paints in Mocha and Crush, I loved their waxy matte finish, I'm delighted to have two more to share today.  The Matte Nail Paints retail at £3.99 and are available from BarryM.com who at present have 10% off for Halloween using code SCREAM10.

I love their waxy smooth finish and how easily they go on.  They look good in one coat, but as always I have used two.  Swatches below are without base or topcoat.





I love Vanilla, the nudey, pinkish hint of lilac shade was an instant win for me.  I love how the polish looks like a wrap, no brush strokes remain after you apply it, they just disappear!

Now onto Espresso, this is a fab waxy matte black.  This reminds me of black leather in some ways more than leather finish polishes!





This - again - looked perfect in one coat so this shows how highly pigmented it is.  I have plans to try mixing these mattes with shiny polishes in the same colours.

Now onto a dotticure, I decided to try a dotticure using all the Matte Nail Paints (apart from Caramel which I don't have.)  I was unsure how it would work out, as normally dotticures come to life with a lick of top coat and obviously that would ruin the look I was going for.  I used Espresso as my base.  It worked pretty well... The first picture may look familiar if you follow me on Instagram.  I shared it on there this morning and was surprised at the number of likes it's had - it was at 50 last time I checked.





I do love these waxy finish Matte Nail Paints.

Product provided for review, this does not affect opinion.

2 comments:

  1. The matte dotties look great! I've never actually tried matte colours - all I have is a matte topcoat. Maybe I need to rectify that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm going to try a matte dotticure now! I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.