Thursday, 3 October 2013

Barry M Royal Glitters (the other three)

Today I have a post I really wanted to publish last night, however the medication for this bad shoulder left me soooo tired I ended up going to bed and just sleeping!

I previously posted about two of the Barry M Royal Glitters, I loved them so much and was delighted that I have been sent the remaining three to review.

The first polish I have is Lady, this polish screams wedding to me.  I could imagine this as a bridal manicure.  This slightly off white texture polish has pale pink glitters in it and feels so pure on the nail.  I didn't think this would go on in two coats, but it did.  The first coat was a bit sheer, but the coverage really came in the second coat.

For all the pictures in this post I have used two coats of the polish with no base or top coats. 




Lady does seem a bit sheer at the tip on some of these photos, it didn't look so sheer in real life.  I do love this type of colour because if you do get tip wear, it isn't so obvious!

The next polish is Princess.  Princess is a pink base with some golden glitters, it is similar to Duchess, but side by side the two are obviously different.  On the nail this seemed very autumnal as it made me think of bonfires for some reason!



The application of Princess was similar to Lady, it gave full coverage in two coats but when the first one went on I wondered if two would be enough.

In my opinion, I have saved the best for last: Countess.  Countess is a deep aubergine base with golden and pink glitters, I think I saw some blue and green in there too in some lights!  The colours sparkle and dance on the nail.  



I loved Duchess so much that I kept this beauty on, the wear time has been great and it has been distracting me from my pain all day :)

The Royal Glitters retail at £3.99, they are now available in both Boots and Superdrug as well as Barry M's own website.  There are also some other new additions to the Barry M nail paint range which have been recently released - some fab waxy matte polishes (I reviewed two of these here) a special flakie top coat, a new shade of nail paint and a couple of limited edition polishes have also recently appeared in Boots and Superdrug.  I don't often get to either of those shops, but from what I have seen they look to be bar glitters.  Having tried out Barry M Confetti Effects, I would hope the new limited editions are very similar, as the Confetti's seem good, the bar glitters lay flat and apply easily.

These polishes have been provided for review, this does not affect the review given.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I need Countess like.... Now! so nice. Beautiful swatches too :).x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing aren't they? I have been sitting staring at the glittery awesomeness all day!!! I didn't try them with top coats, wish I had as they would really sparkle

      Delete
  2. Fab swatches, I think I'm now following you, trying to get my head round all this stuff!!! It's so amazing you get sent things to review!!! :) thanks again for your help x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get your head around it quickly!! I'm glad to be able help you, I love your IG account and can't wait to start seeing more pictures :) and I am grateful to the all the lovely people who send me new things to try :)

      Delete
  3. Cheers for showing these off! I'm trying to decide whether to get the pearl-coloured one, and you've almost convinced me - it's stunning! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trip to Boots tomorrow me thinks!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.