Thursday, 24 October 2013

SpaRitual Illuminate collection Intuition and Imagination

**press sample**

I have two polishes from the Illuminate seasonal collection by SpaRitual.

"The Illuminate Holiday Collection borrows luminous colour from the master glassmakers of Italy. Cool electric hues reflect a rich heritage of craftsmanship. Iridescent shades catch and play with light. Recycled glass beads magnify vibrant colors. Bellissimo."

First up is Intuition, a deep blue with a duochrome pink leaning. The jelly finish to this polish will build to a pretty solid cover, the pictures below are three coats, no top coat. I like it's satiny, semi matte finish.




Next is Imagination... What can I say about this? I was massively excited by this in the bottle, it's a multichromatic polish, you can see pink, blue, purple, gold, green in there. Then I applied it...  three coats and still sheer. The jelly base was the colour of stained nails with glitter over them. Not good, especially as my nails aren't actually stained at the moment. Only one picture.


I tried it over a cream polish, two coats of Uncomplicated and two coats of Imagination. It's ok, but not amazing.


...and finally over Wet n Wild Black Creme. Pow! The beauty of this polish finally is unleashed!




The polishes I tried seemed to require a lot of coats to provide opaque coverage as they are glitter in tinted jelly finishes. I can see me wearing these as more of a topper over other colours than alone, that said I have reapplied Intuition alone and am wearing it at the moment! 

You can purchase these from sparitual.co.uk 

1 comment:

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.