Monday, 25 November 2013

Absolutely Fabulous week - Saffy

Missy of Gnarly Gnails asked in the Facebook group Polish Passionistas if anyone would be interested in an Ab Fab challenge.  I used to love that programme back in the 90s so I thought I'd give it a go.  I haven't watched it for years though so I can't draw on any particular episodes, I'm going to a series of inspired by nails based on images for the characters available online.


First up is Saffy, for those who didn't watch the series Saffron - or Saffy - was the sensible daughter played by Julia Swalha. Saffy would be the one to tell her mum off.  I've taken inspiration from her jumper in the picture below.

Image was a screenshot from Google images, can't find it to link back
For these nails I took the idea of the grey background with the rainbow dots.  I could have tried to draw sheep, but the dots appealed to me more.





Polishes used were:
Base - SpaRitual - Protein Boost
Grey - Beauty UK - Slate
Red  - Misa - Single and Ready to Limbo**
Pink - Beauty UK Gel FX - Pink Orchid
Orange - Barry M - Mango
Yellow - Beauty UK - Yellow Peril**
Green - Barry M - Spring Green
Blue - Nails Inc - Baker St
Top coat - Glisten & Glow - HK Girl

Products marked ** were provided for PR purposes, the others were purchased by me.

I haven't had chance to do the rest of the nails for the challenge so mine will be done over a slightly longer period than a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.