Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Models Own Midori Melon scented polishes

Press sample - polishes provided for review.

Models Own have teamed up with Midori to produce a set of three limited edition melon scented polishes.

When I was contacted to review these I have to admit I hadn't heard of Midori, I am not a big drinker.  I got on Google though and found some amazing sounding cocktails you can make with it.  My particular tipple of choice  on the odd occasions I do drink is white Rum and I love a Strawberry Daiquiri, so reading what a Green Demon is with a mixture of Midori, White Rum, Vodka and Lemonade sounds like it could be an interesting (if a bit powerful) fruity tasting, fresh combination.  Similarly add Tequila and have a Green Dinosaur.  Which ever way you like your Midori, please be drink aware.

Anyway, onto the polishes.  I haven't ever tried a scented polish before so I was interested to see how they smelled.  First thing I did when I received them was to open the bottle and sniff but although there was a melon-y scent, it was overwhelmingly polish like.  When I applied the polish the smell became more apparent, it was so refreshing.  The smell didn't linger too long on my nails, yet when I removed Golden Green after 24 hours wear the smell was still there.

First up is Golden Green, this is a duochrome polish which is generally golden green as the name suggests, but has a fascinating shift between bright green, gold, bronze and lilac. This is two coats no top coat.








I wore Golden Green for 24 hrs, I love the shade and the way it shifts, it reminded me a lot of an Ozotic shade which is now discontinued.  I did have some horrible tip wear with this polish though, I had quite an intensive day and did a Spring Clean in time for Christmas.  There was no chipping though.

I added a layer of Dancing Queen to Golden Green, the suspension base was lovely, not too thick, and the smell of melon was in this too.


As My Midori is quite a sheer, jelly polish I added a layer of that to the Golden Green and Dancing Queen to create a jelly sandwich on my nails.


The final polish in the set is the bright "Kelly" green in a jelly texture calledMy Midori, when swatching this alone it was apparent how sheer it was so for the pictures below my thumb, index and middle fingers have three coats, fairly thick ones.  The ring finger I tried over black (not a good look as you will see) and the little finger over white.  Even layering My Midori over black and white meant that I needed two coats, so the nails below all have three coats, not much to be won by layering!





I do love this bright green!  I haven't worn this yet for a full day so I cannot comment on how this one weas.

This set of polishes retails at £15 from modelsownit.com

About Midori, the name Midori quite literally means green in Japanese, the liqueur is made with premium melons.  It is available to purchase in the usual "big" UK supermarkets.  In this set Models Own have taken the name and used the scent to create these green pollishes brilliantly.

Press samples.

2 comments:

  1. Nice swatches! I do like the green jelly over the white :) I may try that in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look super on you Emma! I got these to review in the mail yesterday; I was going to do a jelly sandwich too - great minds think alike, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.