Sunday, 29 December 2013

Pastel Watermarble

Another of my draft posts which I am clearing out whilst my thumb heals and in time for the new year!

I managed to purchase the Pirates of the Caribbean OPI collection earlier in December  (still waiting on one ordered from Amazon.com to arrive from US) is it ironic that when this set was released the only polish I purchased was the silver shatter as I wasn't interested in the rest of the colours.  Now I'm the reverse, not interested in the silver shatter, just the creme-y finish of the polishes!

I used a couple of the Pirates polishes here: Sparrow me the Drama, Steady as She Rose and Planks a Lot along with Can't Find my Czech-book.








I decided to add glitter in the form of China Glaze Fairy Dust.





The colours and the glitter reminded me of an old mani I did in Nov 2012.  Not the same it would seem when I look at them both!


The reason I did this water marble was because my step daughter asked me to show her how to do them, during a lesson for her hair and beauty GCSE course they had covered this and everyone had failed.  She was there the next day and wanted to be able to show the teacher she could do this.  I saw down and took her through the steps and she did her own hand.  Here are her results.



The three polishes used were Barry M, I know the brightest blue is Blue Grape, the others I can't remember off hand.  She showed her teacher and then had to show the rest of her class how to do them!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I love it with the fairy dust too! and wow your step daughter did well! I feel ashamed I've not yet tried it x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.