Sunday, 1 December 2013

Reindeer

**Press samples**  The polishes used were provided by Beauty UK.

As it's now December, is it time to start open season on Christmas nails?  Just in case, here are some reindeer nails!

I started off with a base of Glam Polish No 47 in white, the pictures below show how pure white it is, I love how shiny this polish is.




Last year I did reindeer nails by following a  tutorial from Claire of Nuthin But a Nail Thing.   I have pretty much recreated those nails, although this year I felt confident enough to not need to keep referring to my phone on her blog!

The reindeer were done with a combination of dotting tools and a striping brush and are pretty simple step by step.  I used Chestnut Brown to paint the body of each reindeer on, then added ears and antlers with my striping brush.  My dotting tools with more White, some Black and Gel FX Poppy Red finished off the overall look.  The pictures below are with an added layer of topcoat.





Beauty UK polishes offer great value and are good quality.  I find the wear time on them works well for me.  They offer up to date trends and looks, at great pocket money prices and are quite easily available via their own website or instore in Superdrug.

1 comment:

  1. Link to Claire's revised tutorial, new today !

    http://www.nuthinbutanailthing.com/2013/12/reindeer-nail-art-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.