Saturday, 28 December 2013

Skittlette

This post is a slightly older post which has been in my drafts a wee while:  I had a horrible cut on my thumb just a day or two before Christmas which got infected and left me with a thumb which is horribly swollen and sore, like a cartoon thumb when someone has just hit it with a hammer!  This has meant I can't bear to do my nails because acetone and an open wound = intense pain!  Time to clear my draft posts in time for the new year :)

This was a quick mani I did a couple of weeks ago.  Three creme bases a bit of glitter and a stud.  Simples.

I used OPI Sparrow Me the Drama, Sally Hansen Commamder in Chic and SpaRitual Delight.  The silver glitter used for the gradient is a-england Merlin.  The stud was one I purchased from Winterberry nail art on Etsy. 







I couldn't resist matting it down and this is how I wore it.




The stud was only applied to wet polish and then top coated on initially with HK Girl, then a layer of matte top coat.  It held firm for 24hrs which is a result for me, a picker at polish!

4 comments:

  1. Great colour combo-love it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Annie Suzie! Thank you for your support through the year :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Ashley, they go together rather well don't they :)

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.