Monday, 9 December 2013

Wintery Saran Snowflakes

Press samples.

Today's attempt at wintery nail art is something of a nail fail.  I had intended this to be a wintery snowflake picture.  In reality they came out marbled and although I liked the overall look, it's not what I had intended.

My base was two coats Barry M Blue Moon. This was topped with a coat of HK Girl topcoat,  After this I painted on one coat of Barry M Matt White, then dabbed at it with cling film.  After this I used a silver nail art pen to draw snowflakes on.  The snowflakes were not very visible, I think the silver pen would stand out more over a darker colour, but I do love Blue Moon!!








You can sort of make out the snow flakes!  I hope to get another go at the snowflake nails soon I am sure we'll have plenty of time the way our snowy season drags out until April... plus the polishes will definitely be coming up again soon!

Barry M Nail Paints retail at £2.99 and the Nail Art Pen retails at £4.99 they are available online from Barry M's website.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Even if it's not what you wanted the subtlety is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.