Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Burt's Bees Tips and Toes Kit

 Today I wanted to post a quick review of a kit I  purchased one in November and have been using since.  I also was given a set for Christmas and have got these as my spares, ready to use!





I purchased the Tips and Toes Kit from Amazon when I had a free Prime trial in November, this meant it was delivered the next day.  I paid £8.66 although I have noticed the price can fluctuate - currently Amazon don't have this particular set for sale themselves, instead a MarketPlace seller is listing it at £17.34!  There was also a Christmas edition of this set where the box was red, this one may be on sale if you shop about.


The set contains a mini Lemon Cuticle Cream, a mini Hand Salve, a mini Almond & Milk Hand Cream, Coconut Foot Cream, Honey & Grapefruit Hand Cream and a Pomegranate Lip Balm.


I have found this set fab, since November I have used up all of the Honey & Grapefruit tube as this was one I kept next to me in the front room.  I loved the smell and the fact it was quite light.   I actually bought a full size version of this before I was given the second set.

I kept the tin of Cuticle Cream and Hand Salve in a drawer in the bedroom, I did lose the tin of Hand Salve for a time, but it later turned up stuck on the magnetic clasp of my GHD wrap!  I have used these almost daily at bedtime and they have lasted me until now, I am at the point of seeing the bottom of the Hand Salve tin but I think I will have a couple more nights usage.  I have found a definite improvement in the eczema prone skin on my  left hand since using this.  The Hand Salve has a gentle smell of lavender, not too strong though which is great as I don't like the smell of lavender but I do like this!

The Almond & Milk is in my handbag for use when out and about, I have also come towards the bottom of the first one now, but I do like this.  It's quite greasy, so best used when I am not going to be touching my phone or any important paperwork!  I particularly like this mini size being in a screw top jar.  I am sure I am not alone in having the horror of opening my handbag and finding that a flip top tube wasn't properly shut after the last use and the contents are all over everything....

The foot cream is very very moisturising, I have to confess I haven't used it on my feet as I hate the feel of creams on my feet.  I actually have applied it on my hands a couple of times when I didn't use the Hand Salve after all it's just a moisturiser and just because it says feet doesn't mean I can't use it on my hands.  I would warn that it's very very greasy and have woken up with greasy hair when my hand was under my head, but my hands feel in great condition on waking!

The lip balm is great, I keep it on hand but don't need to apply it often as it does the job well.  It took a little getting used to as it seemed to go on drier than many others I have tried.  I think it will last me a long time before I need to open the back up.

All in all I found the set I purchased to be great value as I got two months use out of each of the products, I also got to try a variety of products from the Burt's Bees range.  I had only tried the Cuticle cream up until I purchased this set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.