Recently I found my index fingernail was broken almost halfway across and it was on a day when I was at home so I thought I would make an attempt at repairing it using a tea bag. I took a few pictures on my phone as I went, by some miracle I didn't end up glued to my phone although I did have the tweezers stuck on my left hand at one point....
The first one is a picture of the damage
Here it is without polish, right across the free edge of the nail: a horrible low break.
Here;s how it looked after Ihad applied the glue and tea bag, before buffing.
This next one was after buffing and with a base coat of Duri applied.
And here with a coat of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls ready to go with the next mani.
Sadly.... the repair didn't last long. I woke up the following morning with my nail hanging off. It didn't even last 16hrs :( I ended up filing all my nails back, new year, new nubbiny nails. On Monday's Nail Art for Nubbins post, my newly shortened nails were revealed, along with a mishapen index finger! I haven't posted many nail pictures this week I have been waiting on them evening out a little!
But at least I know using Duri has helped them to grow well over the last month so hopefully they'll grow well again now!