Saturday, 15 February 2014

NAGG Day 16 - Doodles

I never actually got time to get around to Day 15, so I have moved on to Day 16.  If I get time towards the end of the challenge I will try to catch up on this missing prompts.  Today's prompt is Doodles.  First up though, a look at my base for the doodles.....

I bust my thumbnail yesterday, I bent it backwards when getting changed which it bounced back from, only my polish lifted.  The second bend it got was too much, reaching in my pocket for my purse I caught it and knew it was gone.

And so we have a wonky thumb now.  Oh well, shit happens and nails grow!



My "canvas" to doodle on was made up of a base of Barry M Gelly in Lychee with random splodged on sponged areas of Barry M Mint Green and PassionFruit, Catrice Miss Piggy's Boyfriend and SpaRitual Electrum.  These pictures are without top coat.




I considered the theme and decided to go with what I doodle when I'm bored in training sessions at work and not really paying attention.  The majority of my margins get filled with flowers or stars or geometric shapes with bits filled in.  I have several stamps which are like the latter of these, but instead I went for the former two.  I dotted my flowers using Wet n Wild Black Creme and filled the centres with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  Using my Barry M Nail Art Pen I drew the stars on - I was impressed at my left hand managing these (I'm right handed) and then top coated with HK Girl.






All items used were purchased by me.

Other NAGG links below :)

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always assumed you're left-handed - because you photograph your right hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a rightie, when I decided to use one hand for my blog for continuity, my right hand was in best shape and it sort if landed that way. I also paint with my left hand better, I think it is because I take my time more painting!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.