Friday, 14 March 2014

Fancying some greens for St Patricks Day?

Press sample

Today I have three greens I was sent by Beauty UK with St Patricks day in mind.  Over the weekend I hope to do some nail art with these, but for today I have swatches and a dotticure.

The first polish is "Soft Green."


I think this polish was mis-named, it certainly isn't soft. instead it is a bold colour, almost neon.  This polish went on worryingly streaky on the first coat, but evened out magnificently on the second coat.   All pictures in this post are two coats and without topcoat.




Soft Green reminds me a lot of China Glaze Def Defying and W7 Neon Green.  It may also be a "Shrek" green, but I don't have the full set of OPI polishes to make a comparison.

Next is Sage Green.


This is a bold green, yet also muted in some way.  This went on almost perfectly in one coat then evened out on the second coat.




I don't have anything like this green in my stash, it's a great shade of green, I love the glossy finish even without top coat.

My favourite from this trio is the final shade,  Go Green.  I think this one is especially unique.  In real life this is slightly dustier and more muted.  As soon as the camera sees green it panics and makes them brighter.





Go Green is the nearest to a "Kelly Green" and for St Paddy's day this one would be my go to shade.  I have already worn Go Green several times before posting these swatches and will cetainly reach for it again.

I decided to keep Go Green on after taking the swatch pictures, this is how I wore it. I added chunky polka dots using Beauty UK White Glam Polish.  In the pictures with the white dots I think the camera did a better job of capturing the green.





As always Beauty UK are offering some great quality polishes here at super low prices, the 9ml Glam Polish range are from £1.99, the larger 14ml Salon Professional polishes are from £2.49 meaning that all of the polishes shown in this post (including the white) can be purchased for under a tenner!  

You can buy Beauty UK online directly from their website or pick them up in Superdrug stores.

Products featured are press samples, provided for an honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.