Saturday, 26 April 2014

Twin Tartan post with Claire of Kerruticles.

I recently saw a picture of a tartan design on a Pinterest board belonging to Claire of Kerruticles and after a few comments we decided to do a twin post with a loose theme of tartan.

Here is the original design which inspired the idea.


For my own attempts I decided to use teals shades, OPI Can't Find My Czechbook and Barry M Watermelon were my two main colours  for the tartan, the white is OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and the black is a striper.  I used Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Bling-Tastic over Can't Find my Czechbook on two nails.

As I am not a perfectionist I left the smear on my middle finger alone and took these photos, if I had tried to correct this I know it would have ended up worse and I didn't have time to redo it.





Be sure to take a wander to Claire's page and see her tartan inspired design.

2 comments:

  1. The plaid you created is called tattersal - it was VERY popular in around 1963 an 64 - if you didn't have a pair of tattersal pants or a A-line skirt you were not with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the glitter! And I love this in teal/blue/green (shhh, did I say green?)

    I didn't realise mine was so similar to the original we first saw - freaky.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.