Monday, 16 June 2014

Review of NailPolish.co.uk and Barry M Pacific.

**press sample**

Today's review has taken me a while to get around to posting, I had to wait for my ubershort index finger to grow to an almost presentable length!!

I was contacted a couple of weeks by a new to me website selling polish, NailPolish.co.uk and asked if I would like to review a polish for them.  I had a look at the website and was impressed at the selection of polishes  they had which included recent release Barry Ms, InVogue and Essie in amongst others.  Price wise they seemed competitive, Barry M at the same prices you would find on the high street plus free delivery.  One of my biggest grievances about buying online is paying for postage, so this is great.

I was sent one of the Barry M Aquarium polishes Pacific for review.




I had swatched Pacific on a swatch stick and thought it looked a little sheer, with my funny smile lines being all the place after the trouble with my nails lifting I decided to play it safe and layer this over black.

The photos here are one coat of Wet n Wild Black Creme then two coats of Pacific.  No top coat.




I honestly have to admit that I was quite disappointed in Pacific, it seemed a bit too brushstrokey for my liking.  I didn't use a top coat so perhaps it may have smoothed a little with a topcoat.  Pacific looked to have a duochrome finish in the bottle, but I didn't find this translated onto the nail.  I don't know if I revisit this polish in a few months if I will love it, but at the moment I am too into my creme Gelly polishes and matte finishes.

Going back to NailPolish.co.uk : the website is simple to navigate and I love the look of the page.  Payment options include PayPal (something I always check out before looking at a page is the payment options!) they also have the most recent Barry M Gellys on there and although the summer matte finishes aren't on there yet, I am sure they will be soon.  As a Barry M fan, the prices are pretty much representative of anywhere you can buy them.   I don't have any Essie, so I am not sure on comparative prices for them.  The Rimmel and Sally Hansen seem to be the same prices as high street stores, I know you can sometimes get a bargain on these brands online.  But then you pay the postage.

The only negatives I found from my experience (which may have now changed as the company grows and gains experience) was the lack of an ID8000 label on the package and the polish was put in a jiffy envelope without any individual bubble wrapping or additional sealed bag as per current RM regulations.   Aside from this which may well now have changed, I would definitely recommend taking a look at the site www.NailPolish.co.uk - I have added it to my bookmarks!

The polish was provided for purposes of an honest review.  The opinions expressed are my own, based on my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.