Thursday, 26 June 2014

Steel & Blue skittlette

**press sample** 

I have been totally loving skittlette manis of late, I find that lots of little different bits all in one mani is inspiring me to actually do my nails, hopefully it's a bit of mojo coming back - the problems I had when I had to cut my nails short, plus the health issues before that mean that since February I haven't really felt like I have been inspired. 

The photos in today's post were taken using a point & shoot camera on auto using the flash as the night I did these I couldn't be arsed with setting up the light box beforehand and then afterwards I didn't want to chance ruining my nails and hubby was too interested in England's second World Cup match to come and do it for me! 


My Kinetic candy has had a lot of use and I really should have cleaned the drip off the bottle beforehand!


In this mani I used China Glaze Kinetic Candy, Tinsel Town for the glittery nail and Stone Cold for the patterned nails.  Stone Cold works really well with striping tape or nail vinyls as it goes on in one coat and that matte finish seems to really leave a crisp edge - even when topcoated and made shiny!  I used some sample nail vinyls to create the middle and thumb nails.

This was my second attempt as this design, the first time I had used a-england Galahad, but it just didn't work as well as the paler green / blue.




In this last picture you can see the thumb best: I used the zigzag nail vinyls I had removed from my middle finger and placed them so they created this sort of square look.  I have been sent a pack of nail vinyls by nailstickrs.com for review and my full post will be coming very soon - possibly my next post.  I have been wanting to try them before I writing a full review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.