Monday, 14 July 2014

British Nail Bloggers Colour Me Crazy Orange

Today is my second post for the British Nail Bloggers Colour Me Crazy challenge, the colour theme this week is orange.  As soon as I started toying with orange I started to think of Literary references such as "Oranges are not the only Fruit" and "A Clockwork Orange."  I went with A Clockwork Orange, trying a simple accent nail to match an image I found on Google.


My orange polish of choice (not that I have many) was Mango from the Gelly collection by Barry M.  I used Barry M Matt White for the dots and the eye, and a black striper to do the hat and the black dots.  The laser studs were some I purchased from Winterberry Nail Art on Etsy back in November last year.  I topcoated with NYC Grand Central Station.

Image source




Originally I used Wet n Wild Black Creme for the black dots, however I remembered to late that it's not good for dotting, I smudged the dots on the middle finger first time I added top coat.  To correct this, being horribly lazy, I painted one coat of Mango over the original design, the redotted using a blob of black from the striper I had used.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely manicure!
    I really like how those dots came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Clockwork Orange, but I do recognise the imagery. This is fabulously imaginative, and so NEAT! I love the spotty nail especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous. Love the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.